Saturday, February 21, 2009

Love Bunny and a Cupcake Swap

Hey all! I am so glad to be back crafting and blogging. I couldn't tell you what I've been doing instead of the fun stuff, I guess just a bit of everything. I know I did watch TV 2 nights in a row this week. I hardly ever watch TV. And today I watched most of Gone With the Wind. That may be my most favorite movie. Well, I don't have a dress made out of my curtains, but I did once have a purse made from the same material as my bathroom curtains. I loved that purse!! It got stolen:(
At any rate, that brings me to my first card. My curtains, purse and this card all utilized my favorite color scheme...aqua blue and brown! YUMMY! This cutey patootie Love Bunny card comes from Jen's ( iheart2stamp.com ) Saturday SFYTT. It calls for a sentiment box where the flowers are, but I didn't want a sentiment because I wanted this card to be for any occasion. Easter, Baby, Love. I used my Nestabilities Scalloped Oval to make the bottom oval mat and my ole, reliable CM Cutting System for the top oval. I also used ribbon, brads, and paper flowers. The paper is from Paper Studio and the cardstock is CTMH's chocolate and crystal blue. I got the Love Bunny stamp at HL last weekend when stamps were half off.
This cute little cupcake was super easy to put together! My friend Denise did all the work on her Cricut. She cut the card base using CTMH Baby Pink. The bottom CS is Blush, and the DP is from That's Amore. I adhered the "icing" with pop dots, then added the ribbon and paper flowers. The final embellishment is a Pretty Pin. All from CTMH except the paper flowers. The inside sentiment says, " Have a Perfect Day". Again, this card can be for a variety of occasions with this generic greeting. My husband says it would make a cute birthday invitation. I agree! Oh, I made 6 of these for a swap I am in on SCS called Don't Be Square!"
Thanks for stopping by again!
Johna

2 comments:

Virginia said...

Gone With the Wind is one of my favorite movies too! Love the bunny card, such a cute image and the colors are great!

Jen del Muro said...

these are so darling!! thanks for playing!!