Thursday, October 9, 2008

Charlie, Froggies and a Few Good Memories

Oh Charlie Autumn! Isn't he a cutie? He looks like he's having so much fun playing in the leaves. I made this card last night for Jen's (iheart3stamp.com) sketch challenge. I had such a busy weekend, this was the first night I've had to stamp. Charlie is from Clear Dollar Stamps.
The second image is from Penny Black and is called "Green Line". I just love froggies! I collect them and they have almost taken over my "Scrap Pad"! So, I was soo excited when I finally got to use this stamp. The paper on both cards is SU's Haiku. I like it as a nontraditional fall color combination.
Well, just a little bit about my weekend. My cousin (who was born when I was in college..Uggg! I'm getting old) got married this weekend. We had family in from all over. Her dad and my dad are the only family members still living in the Altus area. There are 5 siblings. All of the siblings and their children live elsewhere. So we had people from each coast here. It was a great family reunion. I was able to see one of my cousins that is my age for the first time in about 10 years. Everyone is growing up so fast. Especially the "Big Cousins". We are now all pushing 40. That seems so strange to say. In my mind I'm still a little kid playing on the farm or water skiing from dusk til dawn with Mama Dippy. Anyway, seeing everyone brings back good memories, but also makes me sad for the ones who are no longer with us.

No comments: